Pulik

Pulik
Tisza & Dézi

szombat, október 18

Owl's not-so-happy-ending, happy ending.



"Northern Hawk Owl"

The other morning as Attila and I were wiping the csippa (sleep) from ours eyes, we heard a loud bang!  We instantly new something had hit our giant window above the front door.  The photo on the left is what we found laying on our front step.   This was no small owl...as you can see from Attila's CSI photo, the owl was 14 inches.  Very sad!
  
I went to work that morning and told my boss what just happened.  He said "bring it in, I will take it to my boys' school for show and tell!  They've been learning about owl's recently".   To make a long story short, the school had a contest on who could correctly identify the owl.  One of the grade 6 students identified it as a "NORTHERN HAWK OWL" (pictured on the right) They've been keeping it in the freezer for future stuffing.  The owl will be stuffed and on display in the school!!   Happy ending...the owl has been donated to science! 

Our acreage experiences continue...

Nincsenek megjegyzések: